Business Unit: Prudential Life Assurance Zambia (PLAZ)
Business Function: Individual Life Operations
Job Title: Customer Experience Manager
Grade: PLAZ F 1
Reports to: Head – Individual Life Operations
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Under the direct supervision of the functional head, the Customer Experience Manager has ownership of the Company's strategy for customer service and experience while managing & ensuring that customer expectations, as well as the company’s business objectives, are aligned
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Strategic Level (20%)
This will include, but will not be limited to:
- Drive and own the Customer Experience Strategy and execution roadmap / Govern the end-to-end strategy to ensure accountability for results
- Lead customer service governance forums to drive the advancement of customer experience strategy through developing relevant agendas, coordination with stakeholders across the organization, and driving implementation of the actions agreed upon by these forums
- Own the digital transformation roadmap for Customer Experience in conjunction with relevant business units and successfully identify, plan & deliver digital solutions to enhance customer experience
- Set-up and manage both an in-bound and out-bound call center for sales, servicing, and query/complaints handling.
- Facilitate positive engagement with external stakeholders such as regulators on issues relating to customer servicing, complaints, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Keep abreast of best practice, industry practice, regulatory requirements, and regulatory guidelines with regards to customer service related matters and implement strategies accordingly.
- Facilitate the implementation of treating customers fairly principles within the department in order to enhance the customer experience.
- Facilitate the implementation of leading practice strategies, and processes to support a best-in-class customer experience
- Facilitate the implementation of strategies to build trust and enhance customer loyalty
- Advocate for customer-centric business decision-making and champion this across the organization.
- Identify areas for improvement in business processes and technology.
Customer Management (50%)
- Co-ordinate timely and adequate responses and closure of all customer queries, complaints & requests made at first point of contact received via walk-ins, hotlines, email, Whatsapp, sms, social media platforms, etc.
- Ensure that all customer queries, complaints & requests are adequately tracked and closed within the acceptable timelines as set by management from time to time.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent customer experience in accordance with the company’s vision and leading-practice.
- Apply customer-centric problem-solving in mapping and creating seamless customer journeys across the company’s channels
- Drive the institution of metrics that measure customer experience and engagement along all touchpoints within the opco
- Ensure in-depth complaint analysis and root-cause resolution efforts to help identify opportunities that bring substantial improvements to the customer experience by reducing drivers of complaints across products, processes and policies
- Lead targeted efforts to redesign customer experience and create opportunities to “surprise and delight” customers and drive promotion in order to ensure customer retention and loyalty. Partner closely with segment, product and channel teams to execute changes
- Drive a solid understanding of how actions throughout the business affect customer loyalty and influence the direction of those actions
- Present dynamic reports that provide a holistic view of customer experience across the business and the expected positive developments
Call Centre (20%)
- Planning and implementation of an integrated customer service contact center to help answer customer calls, queries, issues and complaints – Set up.
- Create & Manage project on Automation of operations processes through implementing Imaging and Business workflows, make it a virtual paper-free environment.
- Create & Manage Service Help Desk and Customer Complaint Resolution Processes.
- Coordination with Sales Administration for policy servicing and service helpdesk.
- Planning and implementation of Lead Generation and Lead Follow-ups with outbound calls.
- Planning and implementation of Retention Initiatives with outbound calls (eg. For bounced DDACC, Missed Payments, etc.
- Set up of Home Office toll-free inbound call center process
Team Management & Leadership (10%)
- Drive accountability for customer service across the organization
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders to support and promote innovative business solutions ensuring customer priorities are considered and aligned
- Foster and promote a customer-focused culture within the business
- Facilitate the provision of relevant training and development initiatives to ensure that high standards of service and financial advice are provided within the department
- Lead the understanding and dissemination of customer experience insights and performance results.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in any business-related course
- At least 3 years’ experience
Experience in a leadership role is an added advantage
Knowledge, Expertise, and Experience:
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing, to clearly express logically reasoned ideas.
- Project and performance management skills & experience
- Ability to think clearly and assess matters quickly and to solve problems on short notice
- Ability to make/take calculated decisions and to think forward and act accordingly
- Experience, ability, and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and relationship management.
- Data-driven with excellent IT skills and competent user MS Office suite and other job-specific applications
Technical and Behavioural Attributes/core competencies
- Agile and nimble behavior
- Positive attitude and flair for problem-solving
- Strong people and project management skills and experience
- Keep abreast of market trends and news
- Strong internal consulting skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be a persuasive communicator (both written and verbal) with an ability to operate in and communicate at all levels in the Organisation
- Strong personal commitment and execution skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, customers, and external parties
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Expert-level written skills
Deadline for applications: 28/10/2020
Send through your applications to: email@example.com