Position: IT Operations Manager
Reporting to: Head, IT and Change
Business Function: Information Technology (IT)
Job Purpose & Scope:
This position has the primary responsibility of ensuring smooth running of the IT operations to support all business functions. The role is critical to contributing to the growth of the business and support of the business digitalisation agenda by offering efficient and sound IT services.
Principle Accountabilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
1. Systems Development and Implementation
- Taking the lead in providing innovative tools and solutions to support the digitalisation agenda of the business
- Providing technical input in the design and implementation of IT systems to support business functions
- Ensure high availability of IT systems and tools
- Providing technical input in the integration of IT systems/tools with third party and external platforms
- Maintaining sound relationships with third party/external vendors and
2. Network Infrastructure Maintenance and Support
- Ensure high availability of the IT network infrastructure and resources
- Providing technical input in the maintenance and upgrade of network infrastructure devices and resources
- Leading in the configuration of network devices and resources (Firewall, switches, access points etc)
3. IT Security Management
- Working closely with other business units in providing technical input into Business Continuity initiatives.
- Ensuring that routine backups of information and data are conducted
- Taking the lead in propagating information security awareness initiatives
- Enforcing IT Security and other related policies at all levels of the business
- Leading in the provision data security initiatives to secure the business information function
4. HelpDesk Support Management
- Leading in the provision of efficient day to day support to all members of staff
- Implementation of Helpdesk support initiatives and tools
- Management of printing solutions
5. People Management
- Managing a team of IT specialists responsible for systems development and implementation, Infrastructure maintenance and Helpdesk support.
Core Competences Required:
- Sound knowledge of systems development cycle
- Knowledge of apps development tools
- Knowledge of Integration tools and methodologies (APIs etc)
- Understanding of LAN, WAN, MPLS, DMZ setup and layout
- Understanding of IT Security tools
- Change Management
Experience, Qualifications & other Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 3 – 5 Years’ work experience at Manager level
- People Management skills
- Project Management Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Vendor management
- Proficiency in report writing and analytical skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Mature, positive attitude and self-confident.
Applications attaching Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational qualifications should be sent to the email below not later than Friday 28th February, 2020.