We, Prudential Zambia, take the privacy and protection of your personal information seriously.
We have set out information about our processing of your personal information, what rights you have, and how you can get in touch with us if you want to know more.
When we say personal information, we mean information about you, such as your name, date of birth and contact details. We collect personal information from you that is necessary for us to either provide you with the product or service you’ve requested or to comply with statutory or contractual requirements. Unfortunately, if you do not provide all of the information we require this may mean we are unable to provide our products and services to you.
Who we share your personal information with and why
We’ll share your personal information within the Prudential Group.
We keep your personal information for a set amount of time
We won’t keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary, either to comply with the law or to ensure that we are complying with our obligations to you and other third parties.
You’re in control
When it comes to how we use your personal information, you have the right to:
- request a copy of your personal information for free (we may charge you for this if the
request is manifestly unfounded or excessive)
- in certain circumstances request that we move your personal information to another organization if you want us to
- request that we correct anything that is not accurate, complete or update any incomplete personal information
- ask us to delete your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out or if there is no other legal basis for the processing
- limit how we use your personal information or withdraw your consent (including automated decision making) you have given for the processing of your personal information
- object to us using your personal information for direct marketing (including related profiling) or other processing based on legitimate interests
- complain to a data protection authority or another independent regulator about how we are using it.
If you wish to instruct us on any of the above , or would like an explanation regarding these rights, details of how you can get in touch with us are set out in the Contact Us section below.
We may monitor or record calls or any other communication we have with you. This may be for training, security, or quality control.
Acting on someone else’s behalf
If you give us personal information about another person (or persons), this will be understood to mean they have appointed and authorized you to act on their behalf. This includes providing consent to:
- our processing of their personal information
- your receipt of any information protection notices on their behalf.
If for any reason you are concerned as to whether you are permitted to provide us with the other person’s information, please contact us on the phone number below before sending us anything.
If you wish to exercise your rights in Part E or require any other information regarding any other part of this notice, you can contact us as follows:
Write to us at:
Prudential Zambia/ Prudential Pensions Management Zambia Limited,
Prudential House, Plot Number 32256, Thabo Mbeki Road, P.O Box 31357, Lusaka. Zambia.
Or call +260 211 222 223/233/234