Prudential Zambia Provides Free Covid-19 Protection to Clients, Partners and StaffMarch 30, 2020
In response to the spread of COVID-19, Prudential Zambia has taken steps to provide our customers, employees, consultants, and partners with the reassurance that we will continue to deliver the service they have come to expect from us, even in the event that our businesses may need to close their physical doors for a period.
Mr. Krishnaswamy Rajagopal, Prudential Life Assurance Zambia CEO and Board Chairman of Prudential Pension Management Zambia said “As we go through these difficult times, I felt it important to reach out to you: our valued customers who form the bedrock of our existence, our Prudential Zambia employees that are working hard and keeping positive even during the uncertainties, our board members, who provide sound guidance as we forge ahead in business, and of course our consultants who foster long-lasting relationships for growth.”
Matt Lilley, Prudential Life Assurance Zambia Board Chairman said ” We realize this is a worrying time for everyone as we face a global pandemic of historic proportions and we want to reassure you that protecting the health and wellness of our customers, employees and partners is our primary concern. At Prudential we have been delivering on promises for over 170 years and this time period will be no different. I am proud of the measures we are announcing today, and I believe that they will provide you with additional peace of mind.”
Effective immediately, Prudential Zambia is
- Providing customers, employees, consultants, and partners with a COVID-19 Protection Rider that includes free insurance cover in the event of Death, Diagnosis or Hospitalization due to COVID-19
- Waiving ‘pandemic’ exclusions written into policy language
- Providing a 3-month premium holiday if a client is made redundant
- Reducing waiting periods for new cover
- Simplifying claims procedures and enabling claims to be made via WhatsApp
- Setting up dedicated COVID-19 claims teams
- Enabling customers to buy insurance without needing to meet face to face with an agent
- Providing additional training and incentives to our consultants to continue to provide advice and access to insurance at this time
- Providing the COVID-19 protection Rider to new clients who sign up for cover between 1st April 2020 and 15th May 2020 (subject to a 14-day waiting period with only 50% of the rider benefits)
We commend the work that the government is doing in the fight against this deadly virus and we will continue to support these efforts.
Prudential will continue to stay informed on the fluid situation in order to adapt to changing developments for the health and well-being of all our customers, employees, partners, and the general public.
Categorised in: Press Release